Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Reflection

After looking at the eend result of this UBD Project, it makes me think about the areas that I need to imrove on as a teacher. There are a lot of lesson plans that my fellow classmates did that make me think about the weaknesses I have and how I can improve on them. I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about his first (and right now last) year of teaching in Brooklyn. He was in the teaching fellow, but he still felt little support from the school or program. This guy is a great teacher and role model for the student, and hopefully he will be going back to teach in Newark, but like many that want to make a difference, they just end up feeling frustrated.

I feel very grateful that I had a group that was great and supportive because I had no idea what was going on in the beginning. They showed a tremendous amount of patience with me throughout the process. I was a little dissapointed that we could'nt do more curriculum based on content, but as I said earlier, I still got a lot out of this project (and it makes sense since many students in class are going to be administrators).

The concept of the Big Ideas and Essential Questions I had in the back of my mind since I started teaching, but this project allowed me to practically put them in use when creating lesson plans. Hopefully I can develop these better as I continue teaching.

This project, along with the Standards critique, provided me with a background to confidently fullfill the curriculum given to me by my district, but also (and more importantly), create new curriculums that I have been trying to work on.

1 comment:

doyle said...

Please tell me this is Mr. Moussab from Bloomfield High!